A 4 days luxury break based at the stunning hidden gem, Casa Colonna, in the remote village of San Martino in Pensilis.
The perfect place to experience rural life in a pleasant and familiar environment surrounded by a gorgeous nature.
You will arrive at San Martino in Pensilis, check into “Casa Colonna” in your luxury apartment surrounded by olive trees. After a relaxing accommodation, the owner, Marina Colonna will guide you in a charming walk in the olive field, showing you the oil processing stages, from the harvest to the oil mill. After seeing all that, you will also taste the flavour of different kind of fresh olive oil, together with a nice dinner and local wine.
Your day will begin with a delicious breakfast, consisting of local products and typical pastries. The relaxing morning will continue with a cooking class. You will have the chance to learn how to make your own pasta, and then taste it in a nice Italian lunch. In the afternoon, you can visit a family-business winery, discovering the fascinating winemaking process from the vine to the bottle and breathing the fresh and fizzy vineyard air. At the end of guided tour you will taste a variety of Molise wine. The tastings will be served along with an appetizer of traditional Molise cold cuts, cheeses, breads and olive oil. The evening will be free to do as you please. You will be given recommendations for some typical restaurants and a reservation can also be made for you.
After a rich breakfast you will be guided to Larino, an historical roman village with archaeological sites of great interest such as the amphitheatre, the spas and mosaics of medieval times such as the Romanesque-Gothic Cathedral dedicated to Saint Pardo, the Patron Saint. An English-speaking guide will drive you through those historical sites ending with a typical Molise lunch. The afternoon will be free as you please. Perhaps you would like to relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings or take a stroll around the vast estate and nearby countryside.
The last evening in Casa Colonna will be delighted by a nice dinner with some typical Molise specialities such as pampanella, a meat dish made with pork spiced with garlic and chili.
A pleasant and relaxing breakfast will be our way to say goodbye or better “arrivederci”.
- 3 nights accommodation in Casa Colonna, a flat composed by 1 king size bed and 2 single beds
- 3 breakfast, 1 dinner in Casa Colonna
- 1 lunch in a typical tavern
- Educational path amoung olive trees + oil tasting experience
- Educational path in winery + wine tasting accompanied by local products
- Pasta cooking class + tasting experience
- Guided tour in Larino
- Basic insurance policy
- Assistance for emergency 24/7
- Transfers (available on request)
- Possible tourist tax to be paid on the site
- Room service
- Extras and everything that is not described in the section “INCLUDED”
- The notice required for the reservation is 10 days in advance.
- Minimum number of participants: 4
- At the time of booking, please indicate any allergies or intolerances, so that we can prepare a menu to suit your needs.
The program may undergo variations depending on any technical and meteorological requirements.