Immersed in an enchanting country setting, where it is still possible to become excited by the scent of lavender, Masseria Acquasalsa will give you the unique sensations and an unforgettable stay. Surrounded by pines, walnuts, oleanders and rosemary, it is the ideal place for those who want to spend a relaxing holiday.
Enjoy this slow journey that will enrich your eyes and your heart, and that will give you a new vision of the word family.
Your journey will start from Agnone, where you will meet the friendly owners of the Masseria Acquasalsa Bed and Breakfast: your Molise family!
After a relaxing afternoon in which you can freely discover the nature of the Molise and the beauty of the ancient village of Agnone, a barbecue in the farm will make you live a familiar and fun environment, typical of our region!
Your days in Molise will begin with a rich breakfast of typical products; depending on the season, breakfast will be served inside or outside the farm.
This day will be dedicated in discovering the beauties and the traditions of Molise. In the morning we will guide you to the theater temple of Pietrabbondante, a majestic cult complex built by the Samnites on the slopes of Monte Saraceno. Here, in addition to discovering the history of one of the most important ancient population that dominated this area, you will be able to see the enchanting panorama that stands out in this pristine territory.
A few minutes from here, you will begin your journey through the family traditions of Molise that characterize these places from ancient times.
We will move a few kilometres to reach the green pastures of Molise, where the cows graze freely along the grassy paths of the Tratturi, discovering an ancient laboratory that will introduce you to the secrets of traditional dairy production, in particular Caciocavallo, the king of molisani cheeses! You will witness the processing of pasta filata, the shaping of the products and finally you will visit the “caveau”, the secret room used for the aging of the cheeses. And after admiring all the processes, you will be captivated by the authentic flavour of these goods, in a tasting of local specialties including wine, bread, cheese and ricotta.
In the afternoon it will be the turn of one of the longest-lived family businesses, the Marinelli foundry, where you will have the opportunity to see and hear the oldest bells in the world.
In this foundry, where the touch of art distinguishes every bell without giving to it the modern homologation technique, bells are made for the most prestigious churches in the world. They are hand-made, it is the man’s hand that makes the “models”, master the liquefied bronze rivulet from the wood-fired furnace up to the “shapes” buried in the casting pit.
Thus are born what are considered very rare masterpieces of an artistic craft that has been perpetuated unaltered since the Middle Ages.
After visiting the foundry, we will guide you to the beautiful village of Agnone, whose historic center preserves vestiges that bear witness to a glorious past, of a noble city of the Kingdom of Naples, as it was already considered in the 1400s, when the King of Naples recognized the honorary title of “Città Regia”.
An important religious center for the presence of 5 convents and 14 churches, the city is immersed in a splendid valley, where you can be enchanted by a colourful mountain sunset, before a typical dinner in a trattoria.
After check out you can discover one of the highest gardens in Italy. At 1525 m asl, the Garden of the Alpines flowers of Capracotta is a natural botanical garden in which the plant species of the central-southern Apennines are preserved and protected.
Walking among the thematic flowerbeds together with a professional local guide, you will discover the 513 species of vascular plants, preserved in natural habitats and, surrounded by a breathtaking panorama, you can discover how to use some of the spontaneous plants of our territory, such as nettle or mountain orapi, with a cooking class that will end with a tasting of the dishes prepared together.
This will be our tasty way of telling you “goodbye”!
Bed & Breakfast Masseria Acquasalsa:
- TAVERNA apartment: mini-apartment for 4 people with a double bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room. It stands out for its stone vaults and the thermo fireplace in the bedroom. Features a kitchenette, fridge and satellite TV.
- ROSA apartment: mini-apartment for 4 people with double bedroom and sofa bed in the living room. It is equipped with a kitchenette, mini fridge and satellite TV.
- MARGHERITA apartment: mini-apartment for 5 people with a double bedroom + a single bed and a sofa bed in the living room. It is equipped with a kitchenette, mini fridge and satellite TV.
- SUNFLOWER apartment: mini-apartment for 4 people with double bedroom and sofa bed. It is equipped with a kitchenette, mini fridge and satellite TV.
- AIA apartment: mini-apartment for 6 people with two double bedrooms, one of which has a bunk bed. It has a living room with a fireplace, a kitchenette, a fridge and satellite TV.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- B&B treatment for 2 nights in Masseria Acquasalsa – all rooms with private en-suite facilities
- N°2 breakfasts in masseria + n°1 barbecue
- N°1 dinner in a typical trattoria
- Private transfer by minibus with driver for all activities on the second day
- Guided tours of the Samnite theater of Pietrabbondante, the Marinelli foundry and the historic center of Agnone
- Guided tour of the Apennine flora garden + cooking class
- Guided tour and cheese tasting in the dairy
- Assistance 24h
- Basic insurance policy
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDES:
- Transfer from your residence, by any vehicle, to the farm and vice versa;
- Possible tourist tax to be paid on the site
- Extras and everything that is not described in the section “the price includes”
- Check in from 3.30 pm
- Check out by 10:00 am
- Breakfast is serviced from 8:00 am to 9:30 am
- The notice required for the reservation is 10 days in advance.
- Minimum numbers of participants: 8 (the organizer has the right to cancel the tour if the minimum number of participants is not reached. In this case the fees already paid will be refunded.)
- Children up to 12 years have a 50 € discount.
The program may undergo variations depending on any technical and meteorological requirements.
It is possible to reshape the tour according to your needs. Contact us for more information!